Wednesday 28 September, 20:00 UK time, 21:00 CET
Chaired by Bowen Tang, CI User, and President of the International Federation of Hard of Hearing Young People, IFHOHYP and with young CI users, families and those providing services around the globe will contribute.
Young CI users will share their experiences about the challenges and opportunities at home, school, higher education and work. We can all learn from what the young people tell us: as Bowen recently commented: “We don’t know what we don’t know… our technology has to last us a lifetime… we need to take ownership of it”.
What can we learn and provide for their future services to ensure lifelong provision and maximise the benefits of CI for this new group of young people?
See the exciting programme and join us, whatever your age!
- Welcome and Young People with CI: Bowen Tang
- Listening to Young People in School: Maricris Ibayan
- Educating the Educators: Jana Beneito
- Using the Power of Cognitive Neuroscience for CI users: Helen Willis
- Dealing with the workplace : and the boss! Qais Khan
- CI services for young people: more than just sound and devices: John Lui
- Future Technologies for CI Users: Daniyaal Munir